Alan Thicke's Estate: Robin Thicke And Brother Battle Stepmom Tanya Callau

Alan Thicke’s third wife, Tanya Callau, and his two oldest sons, Brennan and Robin Thicke, are embroiled in a bitter battle over Thicke’s estate. Robin Thicke and his brother, Brennan, approached the Los Angeles Superior Court on May 16 to file a petition against Callau. Brennan and Robin Thicke are co-executors to Alan Thicke’s estate and are asking the court to intervene to “honor the memory of their father, protect his legacy, and prevent his testamentary intentions from being undermined by avarice and overreaching of his third wife, Tanya Callau.” Everyone’s favorite dad, thanks to Growing Pains, died at the age of 69 in December of 2016 when his aorta ruptured and had a heart attack while playing hockey with Carter, his 19-year-old son with second wife Gina Tolleson. At the time of Thicke’s passing, he was married to Callau for 11 years, according to Toronto Sun, and all three sons were from previous marriages. Originally, Alan Thicke designated his brother Todd as the trustee of his estate. He would update his trust periodically, with the last iteration signed in February of 2016. Alan made a provision that should Todd decline the role of trustee, the estate would be left in the hands of his sons. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Todd declined the position, which put Alan Thicke’s sons in the roles of trustees of his estate. The Estate Of Alan Thicke And Who Got What Alan Thicke’s sons from the left: Brennan, Robin and Carter [Images by Amanda Edwards/Stringer/Getty Images; Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images and Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP Images] Alan Thicke left his sons a generous portion of his sizable estate. Alan Thicke left each of his three sons equal shares of the Carpinteria ranch, worth $3.5 million. He left them 75 percent of his personal effects. Of the remaining estate, Thicke left his sons 60 percent of what remained. Alan Thicke also provided for his wife Tanya Callau. Although he did not leave Callau any part of the ranch, he left her the ranch furnishings. She also has a right to live on the ranch provided that she pays for its expenses and maintains it. Alan left Tanya 25 percent of his personal effects. She is the beneficiary of a $500,000 life insurance policy. Tanya is also the beneficiary of the death benefits from various pensions and union memberships. Whereas the Thicke sons received 60 percent of the remaining estate to share, Callau receives 40 percent of his remaining estate. Why Are Brennan And Robin Filing A Petition Against Their Stepmother? Alan Thicke and Robin Thicke at the “Festival After Dark” 2012 [Image by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images] According to Page Six, Brennan and Robin Thicke are asking the court to resolve a dispute because Callau claims that the prenuptial agreement that she signed before marrying Alan in 2005 is invalid, and that the petition lodged with the court states that Tanya Callau “threatened to make her claims fodder for ‘tabloid publicity’ unless the Co-Trustees agreed to participate in a mediation and succumb to her demands.” “Now that Alan is dead, Tanya claims there are numerous problems with the Trust and the Prenuptial Agreement.” The petition also states that in addition to the prenuptial agreement being invalid, Tanya wants to claim her Marvin rights. “Tanya asserts that there is no chance the ‘Prenup’ could withstand legal challenge and that she has very significant community rights in the Trust’s assets and rights of reimbursement with respect to improvements to the Ranch. Tanya also claims ‘Marvin rights’ asserting that she had to forgo opportunities to pursue and advance her own career in order to support Alan and be his companion and partner, including raising Carter.” In essence, the petition alleges that Tanya Callau is unhappy with the prenuptial agreement. If she was married in community of property to Alan Thicke, she would inherit far more than what his living will made a provision for. Tanya Callau Thicke responds to the petition Adam Streisand, Callau’s attorney, released a statement in response to the petition. “Tanya Thicke has never threatened to take private family matters public and she never has. “It is clear that Alan’s sons have chosen this distasteful public smear tactic to bully Tanya, by stirring up the tabloid media, filing a bogus lawsuit, and refusing family mediation. Tanya is still grieving the death of her beloved husband and out of respect for Alan’s memory intends to handle his sons’ false statements privately.”